Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Vacation to the Midwest

Dear Scarlett,
Today we leave for a 2-week vacation. We are flying to Uncle John's house in Indiana, by way of Dallas. Though I have never been a big fan of connecting flights, I particularly dislike them now that you are traveling with us. I like to keep the take-offs and landings to a minimum, and not head South in order to end up North. I don't think that's too much to ask, but apparently it's unreasonable to fly direct to Indianapolis from San Francisco. I am just going to have confidence in your ability to spend all day traveling. And I'll be ready for the meltdown when it comes.

From Indiana, we are flying to Chicago for Ellie and Eric's wedding. Note: you are not invited. You'll be staying with Aunt Louise and Maggie, which I'm sure will be way more fun for you and I KNOW will be way more fun for me and Dad. The day after the wedding, we are driving to Wisconsin for the remainder of our trip. We'll spend the week there with Aunt Lizzie and Rob, Uncle Paul and Meg, Nonnie and Pops, Nana and Papa, and Uncle Frank. You're going to swim in the lake, take cocktail cruises with us, lounge around in dresses instead of sweaters (frigid SF "summer" clothes), and direct your general cuteness to the members of your family who all wish they got to see you more often.

So, to recap: please be good on the plane rides, please be good for your babysitters, please be good when we are sharing a one-story, four-room house with what is practically our entire family. I know you can do it.

I love you,
Mom