Thursday, March 3, 2011

So much to say

Dear Scarlett,
This morning when I came to get you out of your crib, you looked at me and said "woof woof." This is actually pretty typical. Last night before I put you to bed, you said "woof woof" and then while I was rubbing your back, you popped your head up and said "woof woof." When you see the cats, you say it and when you see your stuffed animals, you say it. In fact, it appears that woof woof is the sound that you think every animal makes, except for the cow, who says "voooooo."

Our friend Tom at the coffee shop calls you Wolf Baby because of all the barking. We're going to continue working on other animal noises. I think Smokey and Emma are getting insulted.

Another mom told me that sometimes after babies get ear infections, they start talking a lot because they can finally hear. This might be true, as you have started babbling like a crazy person and will not stop. Sometimes you scream "DADADADADA!" so loudly that it is a tad alarming.

In other news, Aunt Lizzie took you shopping last week and I tagged along. Here's one of the outfits you left with (and your favorite stuffed animal, which is--surprise--a dog.)







Love,
Mom